About the GAO
The purpose of the Georgia Association of Orthodontists is to further the purposes and objectives of the Constituent and the AAO within the state of Georgia.
We do this through serving to advance the art and science of orthodontics, contributing to the dental health of the public and representing the specialty of orthodontics in Georgia to the public, the state dental association, the legislature and other governmental agencies, insurance companies and industry and dental service corporations.
We also promote friendship and understanding among members and strive for and maintain the highest standards of excellence in orthodontic education and practice.
Orthodontic Innovations: Not Your Daddy’s Orthodontics
Description: The practice of orthodontics is changing at breakneck speed, with new innovations and techniques being developed continuously. Dr. Graham will go in-depth on how today’s orthodontists can separate themselves from the pack; delivering beautiful, functional and efficient orthodontics with today’s modern arsenal. Topics covered will include CBCT technology and use, TADs, passive self-ligation techniques, lasers, treating white-spot lesions, and what lies in the future for our great profession.
- Understand the benefits, risks and dose relationships of CBCT scans in an orthodontic office.
- Understand how to treatment plan, place and use TADs on a routine basis to achieve incredible outcomes.
- Understand the benefits of passive self-ligation and the use of differential torque to obtain optimal and stable finishes.
- Understand the physics behind and the benefits of diode laser therapy in orthodontics.
- Understand the most cutting edge techniques for removal of white-spot lesions.
- Gain an appreciation for what is on the horizon of orthodontic innovations, both from a mechanical standpoint and a molecular standpoint.